WordPress Admin [ wp-admin ] Login of Live website redirects to Localhost
WordPress user’s mat encounter this error when they have taken backup of their wordpress site using backup plugins such as UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration. I have taken backup using using updraftplus and restored the same on a love website [domain] on hostgator server. After restoration homepage and links of the articles were opening. But when i tried to access the wordpress administrator i.e. admin [wp-admin] . i was not able to access everytime i refresh the page it was redirecting to localhost.
steps for Solving website redirection issue.
1. Open ” PhpMyAdmin ”
server cpanel:- Login to you host cpanel- open phpmyadmin
2. Select the “Database” of the concerned website
3. Click on “Wp-options” table
4. Change the value of “siteurl” from localhost to ur domain name
ex:- ” to ”
5. Save the changes
6. Now you can login to wordpress admin
7. We need to make one more change in the WordPress administrator
8. Login to administrator – Click on “settings”
9. Change the value of “Site Address URL” to your domain name
10. Click on “save” button. You cahnges will be saved
That’s it . wordpress wp admin login will not redirect to localhost.
wordpress wp-admin admin login of live site redirects to localhost home , wordpress links redirecting to localhost , live website redirects to localhost , change site url wordpress,
The channel is maintained by Kavitha Nampally