In this lesson, you can learn how to use linking words and phrases for the IELTS writing exam. Linking words are important for your IELTS writing, especially for the essay. Using linking words well can make a big difference to your coherence and cohesion score, which is 25% of your writing score.Even if you’re not preparing for an IELTS exam and just want to improve your English writing generally, this lesson could help you!
See the full version of the lesson on our website:
1. What Do Linking Words Do? 1:18
2. Linking Words by Function 4:19
3. Linking Word Grammar 9:09
4. Using Linking Words in Your IELTS Writing 13:43
5. Linking Words and Logic 17:43
This lesson will help you:
– Understand what linking words and phrases are and how they are used in writing.
– Get an idea of the different types of linking words and phrases used in writing and IELTS writing listed by their function.
– Learn about linking word grammar and how it works with writing in general and in the IELTS Writing Exam.
– Understand useful techniques to use the linking words and phrases you learned in your IELTS Writing to improve your score.
– Better understand linking words and the logic behind them so you can use linking words and phrases to improve your IELTS Writing score.